1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please help what cab for my MB200???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 76Dub, Jan 17, 2012.

1. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    I appreciate the feedback:bassist:

2. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    I love my GK 212. I think it is available 4 ohm which I would recommend to get the most from the mb200.

3. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    I believe they discontinued the 4ohm NEO212-II?

4. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    Has anyone tried an Aguilar DB112 with the MB200?

5. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    I run either a GK NEO 112 or a GK NEO 212 cab with my MB200. All depends on what the needs are.

One group I play with in a regular gig, 100-150 ish sized bar, 4 piece (drums, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass) I use the 212 cab. Granted, there isn't tons of headroom available, but it is possible for me to be too loud. So that's actually a perfect rig for that venue.

Another regular gig is a jazz/blues duo, and I use the 112 cab for that. Perfect small easy to handle size.

At the end of the day, I really don't think there'll be a whole lot of difference between a 4 or 8 ohm cab. But there is a difference between one or two 12" speakers.

6. I would recommend an 8 Ohm cab, so you can get a second matching cab down the road if you want. You might gain the smallest amount of clean head room with a 4 Ohm cab, but at that level you will be pushing your cab really hard. Better to get one 8 Ohm cab now, and if you find you need more add a second.