Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLEASE help, what kind of a bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by desoul, Sep 11, 2005.

1. desoul

desoul

Sep 11, 2005
    Only thing that I know is it's name, Tobias. I need to know the year of production, model and approx. price for it. Thank you very much.

Tobias 112030
    Fabricated in Japan to standards set by Tobias Guitars Assembly & Q.A. at Tobias Guitars, Burbank, Ca., USA

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
  3. desoul

desoul

Sep 11, 2005
    thank you, still don't have it

4. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    damn that's an interesting history!! from what I gather, the bass could be that "standard", since he never mentioned anything else being built in japan before they moved to Nashville.. So there is a possiblity the bass you're looking at is 1 of only 400 ;) built prior to 1992

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    send mike (tobias) an email from the mtd site. he's pretty good at responding.

6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Standard. Don't actually know a fair price, they're pretty rare, but on the other hand not actually made by MT's crew. See them on Ebay now and again, but usually someone's trying to pass one off as a US model so it's tough to guess a fair value.

7. Im not very good with decoding these serial numbers, but I think I see something...

Tobias 112030

I have no idea what the last "0" would be for. Maybe this is a Toby Pro???

Just guessing,
    ~Ryan