Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please Help with Criticism

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Xanaptabil, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Xanaptabil

Xanaptabil

Jul 18, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Here's a track with my current group Comedia del Arte. If you could please tell me what you find *wrong* with it I would appreciate it greatly. Any constructive criticism, considering it's an out there group would be helpful. Thanks.

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/forlife/Sheik_Dharma.mp3

I am finally getting decent!!!!

2. Xanaptabil

Xanaptabil

Jul 18, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Bump. Honestly looking for criticism, as I feel most tracks are standard and not too different. My group puts out some crazy harmonies in jams and I would like some good musicians input as to what they think from this track.
    Thanks

3. Angelfire apparently doesn't like hotlinking, so you gotta jump through a hoop or two to dl the file.

I thought it sounded good, and I think it'll sound better as the band gets more polished while also going for more "out there" stuff. If you personally think it sounds too standard, then you should take that as a positive sign to keep running farther with it creatively.

4. Xanaptabil

Xanaptabil

Jul 18, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Right right. Getting "out there", really, would be quoting bird off time against a six-eight arfican beat and djembe.

Jobs. Money. Girls. Do the true musicians somehow avoid these pitfalls?

The more I develop, the more I will stretch.
    Thanks.
    Ian

5. Hey, if you don't want your jobs, money, or girls, feel free to send them my way.

6. relayer66

relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    I don't care about the jobs or money. Just send the girls.