Please help with my amp problem, urgent

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zachreh, Jul 25, 2013.

1. zachreh

zachreh

Mar 7, 2008
    south florida
    My all tube Peavey vb-3 has a part lose. I have a show coming up this Monday. Everything is explained in this short video. Thanks for watching

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Just guessing but it looks like the cover for the preamp tube just to the right of the power tubes. Again, just a guess.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

It's a screening can from a B9A tube socket. Look around the amp and you'll find a pre-amp tube missing one.

Ahh! Our friend from Greenville has beaten me to it. :)

4. zachreh

zachreh

Mar 7, 2008
    south florida
    thats what I suspected, is it an easy fix? can I do this myself?

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, just put it over the tube and screw it on. Twist it until you feel it "click" on the base.

6. zachreh

zachreh

Mar 7, 2008
    south florida
    alright very cool thank you so much for your help

7. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    Yes it is an easy fix, the slot and notch at the open end are a bayonet fixing that will push and turn and lock into place on the right tube socket.

It will fit on one of the small preamp tubes. Have a good look and you should see one without a cover/screen but with a base with a ring with a couple of 'pips' that the loose cover will fit onto. (Hope you understand all that, very difficult putting it into words.)

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

You're most welcome.

Where do we send our bill?? :D

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021