1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tish, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Tish

Tish

Oct 27, 2013
    I have recently lost my husband and am finding it hard to make ends meet. I am interested in selling a Hohner Fretless Bass and a Fender Princeton amp. I am not sure what is a fair price to ask for them, have been told $200 all the way to $2000, somebody must be really off on their pricing eh! Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how too http://s902.photobucket.com/user/tishb2/library/!

2. Steve Bailey

Steve Bailey

Feb 15, 2013
    Tish,
    Sorry for your loss. I am going to move this thread to where more potentially interested bassists might see it. Hang in there. SB

3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Tish

Sorry to hear about the loss of our husband!

You gave come to the right place.

Peace prayers and good luck

4. the_home

the_home Gold Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Hi Tish. My condolences on your loss. Let's see if we can help you out here. While the wide spread in prices you mention seem to indicate that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, really it has more to do with what you are trying to price, and a lack of specific information.

The Princeton amplifier is where the wide spread most likely comes from. Early 60s (brownface) Princeton amps in excellent original condition will go over $1000 regularly. However a 'modern' solid state Princeton can be had for $200 and less. Not a bad little amp, just nothing special.

The Hohner bass is only slightly easier to determine value. They can range from right around $100 to around $600 depending on model and condition. Picture and additional information is necessary to narrow this down.

5. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Dec 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    So sorry for the loss of your husband. My prayers and condolences to you and your family. Photobucket is the most popular method for uploading/posting/sharing pics. It's completely free to set up an account, very easy to upload your photos, and you get codes for different methods of posting them. You would copy the IMG code, then paste it here. Hope this helps.

6. BassilPesto

BassilPesto Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Tish -

Sorry for your loss.

I've taken the liberty of including your photos inline here, using the IMG link code as suggested by ilovenofrets:

IMG_0166_zps5e55a571.

IMG_0164_zpsb19f1f91.

IMG_0165_zps20db81bf.

20130904_143654_zps3e90e7e9.

7. audreycashin

audreycashin Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    long island, ny