please help!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j-bass-kreep, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Im kinda new in all this stuff with amps and cabs anyway Im getting an amp for christmas and was looking at several combo amps I want one of about 50-60 watts thats not so expensive ( no more than 300 - 400)

The problem Is I dont know a lot about the natural tone of some brands and I was hoping if any of you guys could help me out. I dont want a deep booming tone coming from my amp , I want It to be trebelish but with no distortion and that can cut decently throug the mix ( I play in a rock band). I dig Mike DIrnt's (green day) trebelish tone .

If it helps I play a MIM JAzz bass . Im looking athe the VOX-T60 or the Fender Bassman 60 any of you guys know how they sound? Is the Bassman really worth the extra cash ? any other suggestions.?

any info is greatly apreciated
    thanks in advance
  2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I haven't tried the VOX, but the Fender bassman amps are excellent, despite being a bit expensive.
  3. megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I haven't heard the VOX, but A/B the Fender Bassman with the Peavey Basic 112. My MIM Fender Jazz sounds better through the Peavey. I played a whole bunch of amps before I chose the Peavey. Good sound, very versitile and an extremely good value for the money. Good luck!