Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

please help!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j-bass-kreep, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Im kinda new in all this stuff with amps and cabs anyway Im getting an amp for christmas and was looking at several combo amps I want one of about 50-60 watts thats not so expensive ( no more than 300 - 400)

The problem Is I dont know a lot about the natural tone of some brands and I was hoping if any of you guys could help me out. I dont want a deep booming tone coming from my amp , I want It to be trebelish but with no distortion and that can cut decently throug the mix ( I play in a rock band). I dig Mike DIrnt's (green day) trebelish tone .

If it helps I play a MIM JAzz bass . Im looking athe the VOX-T60 or the Fender Bassman 60 any of you guys know how they sound? Is the Bassman really worth the extra cash ? any other suggestions.?

any info is greatly apreciated
    thanks in advance

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I haven't tried the VOX, but the Fender bassman amps are excellent, despite being a bit expensive.

3. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I haven't heard the VOX, but A/B the Fender Bassman with the Peavey Basic 112. My MIM Fender Jazz sounds better through the Peavey. I played a whole bunch of amps before I chose the Peavey. Good sound, very versitile and an extremely good value for the money. Good luck!