Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

please help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hkbassist, Feb 3, 2001.

1. hkbassist

hkbassist

Jan 30, 2001
    Hi,
    i come from HONG KONG.I want to buy one ROGUE fretless bass online.However,I cannot find any site or dealer that can help me to finish the deal!
    i am an international buyer and can be settled the deal by bank wire or credit card.
    I know its a bit off topic...but please help me!

THANKS!THANKS!

2. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    don't buy that!
    you'll really be sorry!

3. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    HK, as a fellow 'international buyer' I would strongly advise you not to buy cheap basses online. Few reasons for this:

1- Shiping is very costly. To me, it's OK to spend $1500 on a bass and $200 (12%) to ship it. But to spend $200 on a bass and another $200 for shipping doesn't make much sense.

2- Rogue and other 'cheap' brands tend to have low quality control. You MAY be able to find a good Rogue, IF you get a chance to try a dozen of them. But if you order online, can you trust the retailer to try a dozen, and send you that particular one which is not a total lemon?

3- Rogue sucks :)

4. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    "Pessimist is an optimist with experience"Great line Brooks!!!

5. rpalodi

rpalodi

Feb 3, 2001
    You might want to check out musiciansfriend.com ,an inexpensive option might be the epiphone fretless that they have. Thats the only other cheap fretless I know of being produced.

6. ive had bad experiences with rogue during shipping from musicians friend and i live in the U.S.
    but maybe its just the severe bad luck and misfortune that will haunt my pathetic soul for all eternity
    i dunno

7. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    try ebay and look for seller willing to ship internationally. You can find lots of bargins there. Fender jazz fretless (the lowend which is better the rogue) go for 200-300 online there.

8. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Thanks Bernie! :)

I've been able to get great deals off of eBay even with sellers that state 'Will Ship only to United States'.

I opened an account with DHL (a courier service), so that the seller does not have to ship at all! Instead, DHL picks up the goods from their doorstep. This way, their responsibility is only to pack the goods - something that they have to do anyway.

Another thing - retired employees of most courier services get up to 90% discount on shipping. If you can find someone like that.... ;)