1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by BluegrassGal, Apr 1, 2015.

1. BluegrassGal

BluegrassGal

Nov 6, 2014
    Punta Gorda FL
    No commercial affilation.
    My husband died in October, leaving behind 2 wonderful 3/4 basses. I will be selling them, but in the meantime, I must take the best care of them that I can. My problem -- I would like to put the instrument into its Mooradian soft case, but I don't know which side is the back and which the front? Is the front the side the one with a place for a bow? Please excuse my ignorance; I play guitar and really don't know anything about basses. Thanks for help.

2. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Yes, the front has the place for a bow, and will have a little extra padding for the bridge.

BluegrassGal likes this.
  3. BluegrassGal

BluegrassGal

Nov 6, 2014
    Punta Gorda FL
    No commercial affilation.
    Thank you for your kind reply. I just read a bunch of posts which would indicate I should not have placed my post here -- apologies to all.

4. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    No need to apologize, I am so sorry for your loss. If there are any other questions, concerns or comments you have I think I can speak for everyone when I say we would be more than happy to help.

HateyMcAmp and Jake deVilliers like this.
  5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Under the circumstances, this is a fine place for this thread. Let's just leave it here and help the OP in any way we can.

BluegrassGal: feel free to ask any questions of the membership that you need in order to deal with the basses. Most folks around here tend to be pretty helpful.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.