Please Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fat punk, Jul 27, 2004.

1. fat punk

fat punk

Jul 27, 2004
    :help: Alright, here's my question, me and my dad are gonna build myself a bass, i've already ordered all the pickups i want and i have the neck. My dad's a carpenter and him and I are going to make the body. My only problem is I know nothing about wiring. I now how i wanted wired, but i need wiring instructions, the setup I'm planing out is very complicated and I don't even know where to order volume and tone controls and inputs. The wiring setup I want to do is 2 guitar pickups going to there own input jacks with a tone and volume control for each plus and on and off switch for eatch. Also 2 bass pickups going to there own input with and on and off switch for each. Plus I would like to instal a 3 way toggle that turns either all my bass pickups on, all my guitar pickups on, or my bass and guitar pickups on at the same time. If anybody know where I can order this stuff, or where I can get instructions to wire it, or can give me instructions it would be greatly greatly apreciated. Thanks for reading! :help:

P.S. I also need mounting instructions.
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    That's some crazy wiring. I'd just take it to a pro for the wiring to be done, it shouldn't be expensive. That's one crazy job for a first timer, and there's a LOT of room for error.
  3. fat punk

fat punk

Jul 27, 2004
    well, i found a friend who can help, he can do all of it except the toggle, anyone know how i would rig that?