1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fat punk, Jul 27, 2004.

1. fat punk

fat punk

Jul 27, 2004
    :help: Alright, here's my question, me and my dad are gonna build myself a bass, i've already ordered all the pickups i want and i have the neck. My dad's a carpenter and him and I are going to make the body. My only problem is I know nothing about wiring. I now how i wanted wired, but i need wiring instructions, the setup I'm planing out is very complicated and I don't even know where to order volume and tone controls and inputs. The wiring setup I want to do is 2 guitar pickups going to there own input jacks with a tone and volume control for each plus and on and off switch for eatch. Also 2 bass pickups going to there own input with and on and off switch for each. Plus I would like to instal a 3 way toggle that turns either all my bass pickups on, all my guitar pickups on, or my bass and guitar pickups on at the same time. If anybody know where I can order this stuff, or where I can get instructions to wire it, or can give me instructions it would be greatly greatly apreciated. Thanks for reading! :help:

P.S. I also need mounting instructions.

2. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That's some crazy wiring. I'd just take it to a pro for the wiring to be done, it shouldn't be expensive. That's one crazy job for a first timer, and there's a LOT of room for error.

4. fat punk

fat punk

Jul 27, 2004
    well, i found a friend who can help, he can do all of it except the toggle, anyone know how i would rig that?