please i w arn you...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by craziedug, Mar 14, 2002.

1. <text="8b0000"> i warn you.... never get a squier bp15 amp. if that means you wont have an amp for a year, dont get sucks soooooo bad. on mine the transformer just fell off, my gosh. alright, im done.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, wow. that's gotta suck. when i was starting out, i rented a small amp from a music store, a traynor, that was pretty cool.
  3. I used to have one of those. Wow...those were the days. That was a sad little piece of equipment. But I didn't know any better. It'd fart and distort on anything lower than the C on the G string. lol.
  4. that's funny i still have mine

if i may edit your warning:

"never pay legal tender for a bp-15 amp"

the good thing is is you can tear the thing up and i doesn't count for much, i drilled a whole in the back of mine and hooked it up to a 1X12 i bought at a yardsale for $2(CA) or $0.05 (US)
    :D i also took out the jigsaw and cut a port into the fron of it, it actually sounds a little better.
    it'll have to do until i can get a ride to toronto and go to Songbird
  5. i have the most sucky music store(near me but, there is a good one somewhat near thank god.). the frickin cheated me. you're gonna laugh and please dont ridicule me....i paid 100$ for it....*crys like a baby*
  6. i now have a peavey basic 112 which is awesome!!! and i got it at 100$ less than the price he wanted it for cause he felt so sorry for me being cheated. (this was the guy at the other store, not the sucky one.)
  7. I was actually gonna get one of those..or something like it

thx for the warning.. guess im out a bass for a year.. better then getting a piece of ****
  8. I *think* the basic 112 is a guitar amp. But it should work. Is the amp used? $100 is a decent price for anything that works :)
  9. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    The basic 112 is a bass amp all the way, not guitar. And if you got it for $100 you got one heck of a deal, but I thought you said $100 less than he wanted.
  10. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    oh yeah and by the way my basic 112 will be for sale in about a month for anybody intserested, great practice rig.
  11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    My first amp was a Minx 110, it was actually pretty nice for it's size. :)
  12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    My first amp was a Peavey Minx 110 also. I still have it and probably will never get rid of it. The thing sounds pretty good for a practice amp, has enough volume to play along with an acoustic guitar or a piano, and is built like a tank.