Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please Id Aria Pro II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fangry, May 14, 2002.

1. Fangry

Fangry

Apr 27, 2002
    Helsinki, Finland
    Ok, I'd like to know the model of this common 70-80's Aria. I suspect SB-600 or 700 but pics seem to be sparse on the net. It is neck-thru.

Also, I've heard a lot of good things about old Arias, and as these are a common find even here in Finland (checked out two small shops today; first had one, the one I got these images from had three! Check em out. One had a Dean Markley (!) pickup. What's up with that?) they're pretty cheap. EUR490 each.

Worth getting one? They're heavy and the neck's a bit thick but it's a nice instrument.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fangry

Fangry

Apr 27, 2002
    Helsinki, Finland
    A bump, please

3. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    I think that's actually an SB900 (maybe 800?).

It's the passive version of the bass Cliff Burton used to use (his was the SB1000 I believe) - there's one of these on Ebay at the minute....

The SB700 was a twin pickup...

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    The active version of the bass (SB1000?) went for around 400e at www.huuto.net couple months ago. I'd have bought it, but then again I like my MTD and have no need for another bass right now.

5. Pea-NUT

Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    That looks like a bass on a instuctional booklet ive seen before..i swear.