1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please ID this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bass_snake, Sep 19, 2010.

1. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Hey brothers and sisters,

Just wondering if you can identify this bass for me. All I know that it' s a Czech bass made in 1960s. Sorry I only have one photo.

0262bl6_20.gif

thanks,

Fred

2. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Ooops, sorry. Please move this.

thanks,

Fred

3. Strunal. The ff-holes are distinctive. Thinking the tuning machines are add-ons. What does the seller want for it?

4. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Oh, great. Thank you! So it' s a Strunal eh? The seller wants $1500 for it.

Good price??

5. For the bass alone? Not in my opinion. If a good bag and bow are included, and the bass has had professional attention prior to the sale, then maybe.

6. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Cool, thanks. Bag is included and that' s it. I think I have to bring it in for a set up though.

7. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    +1. This is a plywood Strunal? If so, and it only includes a bag, has not been checked out, and needs setup work, then, IMO, $1500 is too high.

8. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    I'm not sold on it being a Strunal. The shoulders don't have the typical Strunal/Schoenbach/Dvorak slope.

The DB in the photo appears to have a slightly lower shoulder on the passenger's side to facilitate thumb position play. My memory is trying to fire a neural pathway but its not working right now... :(

9. +1 On it ain't being a Strunal and JACK, you're having issues with your "neural pathway" firing and you call me "The old guy"?
    You'd best find a new Nnick name fer me. :)

10. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    OLDGUY, here I come! :D

11. Bass

Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    Canada
    Good eye Jake!

12. Further proof that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing...

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021