1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please, identify my bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by krystovsky, Mar 14, 2013.

1. krystovsky

krystovsky

Mar 14, 2013
    Hey everybody!

I've owned this bass for ca two years now. I've been searching the web in hope of finding out more about the bass (other than it fact that it's a Peavey Cirrus). Unfortunatly I've lost my certification and now I need your help.

The serial number is: 11770018

What can you tell me about it and what would it be worth? I've had it for like three years now.

Here's a picture: http://scdn.blocket.com/static/0/images_full/76/7605532883.jpg

Thank you,
    K

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I would contact Peavey if no one knows they are great about answering questions concerning their gear.

3. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    Wow just from that pic i woulda never guessed it was a peavey. sorry i cant help but if yer lookin to sell id think u could get at least 3 for it. wut did ya pay for it

4. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
  5. cricman

cricman

Feb 23, 2013
    West of Dallas
    If I had to guess, a BXP4 with gold hardware:

[​IMG]

It looks like they are going for $160-$350 on eBay, depending on if it's used, new, and hardware options.

cricman

6. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    I can tell you it's a 4-string Peavey Cirrus. Keep the bass and just play it.

7. krystovsky

krystovsky

Mar 14, 2013
    Thank you for the reply!

I paid around 400 euros for it. Owner of it said it was worth 1500 euros... Maybe a ripoff?

On the certification it said that it was partly hand made.

I'll check with peavey.

8. Depends if it's a Cirrus USA or a Cirrus BXP.

G.