1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please identify what kind of bass Alexis Sklarevski is playing here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AlstottMVP2, Aug 5, 2007.

1. AlstottMVP2

AlstottMVP2

May 9, 2007

Thanks!!

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    look like a spector to me.

3. AlstottMVP2

AlstottMVP2

May 9, 2007
    thanks. anyone know what model he prefers? i'm really impressed by this guy and his sound

4. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    early spector ns-2. nice basses that sound great and are not cheap to buy, if you can find one!

5. Most definitely a Spector.

6. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    It is a Spector with PJ Bartolini pups.... His main basses are MTDs and Tobias, but he often use a '64 Jazz bass and a P one. He owns lots of different basses and use them according to the gig.... He has an endorsment with GHS, Super Steel.

Hope this helps.

Mo'

7. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    It's a Spector

G

8. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Its a Spector. That video is great. Starts out manageable, but somewhere around the 7th lesson it gets too hard and by the end he is doing stuff that about .0000001% of bass players could ever do. And he makes it look SO EASY!

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    That is some awesome tone right there!

10. I have the VHS tape and it's good. I wish it was on DVD.

+1 on it being a Spector bass with PJ pups

11. ryan morris

ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I actually just wrote PJ @ Spector regarding this. Here's what he had to say:

"hello -

that's an older NS-2, with a Leo Quan bridge. we used these bridges
    before our Spector locking bridge which started around 1984.

that bass has walnut body wings, oil finish, and dot markers, before
    our Spector inlays.

I hope this info helps.
    PJ"

Wow.. this thread is old.. ha. Funny.

Great video. Awesome bass. Insane playing.

12. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV

Nice pointless bump! ;)

13. ryan morris

ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Ha. Yeah, right?

So, I've been watching this video a lot lately. I kept thinking that it was an NS-2 (and someone had already mentioned it as being an NS-2) but it looked a little different than the ones that I've seen and I had to know for sure. I guess the area that looked the most different to me was where the fingerboard meets the body. On the video it looks kind of flat there, like the fingerboard is parallel to the last fret (instead of being slightly rounded), but I guess it's just the camera angle.

14. WRXbase

WRXbase

Jan 14, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    I had the same problem with a John Myung video I had. uTorrent and my CDR-W drive solved that. Now I don't have to continually trash my video just to watch it. :)

15. Man!!!Back in the day,his VHS lessons was THE standard,by which all others were judged by.Seriously!I myself never purchased them.Instead,I purchased the Very USELESS,"Learn to Play Heavy Metal Bass,Featuring,Rudy Sarzo!!"on cassette.Which,in turn,I burned up the rewind motor in my tape player.WOW!!!Those were the days.Top notch technology.Boy,do I miss that.You young guys really missed the boat,when it came to cutting-edge technology.

16. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    it was a great lesson and so was Rocco's...