1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please let me know what you think of my band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by keiththebassist, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hey there,

Please check out tracks from my band Boo Radley's House and let me know what you think. They are older material, we're working on the full length now of updated material.

FYI, we are of the Hard Rock/ ALT metal genre but please feel free to throw in your own descriptions.

Boo Radley's House | Facebook

2. I'm mostly looking for feedback on Song writing and energy and overall song quality, not so much tonal quality.

3. Really guys? Over 70 views and know one cares to comment? Come on....

4. Hamrhed

Hamrhed

Dec 26, 2007
    Ky
    Couldn't get 'Carve' or 'watchmaker' to play thru my phone... I'll try my pc later

5. The energy is certainly there. Vocalist has a nice voice. I'm not a fan of screamer guttural stuff. Recording quality is good. Songwriting's ok.

Carve - Verse music is a bit boring. That guttural "caaaarrrrrvve" simply doesn't match the rest of the music in my ear. I would build up some tension from the verses to that part so that it isn't so shocking.
    Watchmaker - Very nice leading bass. Very Alfred Hitchcock. Vocal melody in the verses I'm not too fond of but I'll survive. The screaming is really annoying. Went a bit epic with more than what I think is one song in there.
    Ricin - by far my favourite of the three though I don't know why there's a drum intro. The tomtom and cymbal also sounded pretty bad in that roll. Think the vocalist sounds best here. The screaming doesn't bother me too much because of the lack of the guts part.

6. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    put it on youtube!

(i won't go near Fb)

7. Thanks for the review! All things that were trying to keep in mind when we hit the studio next time. I can't remember why we put the drum intro into Ricin, we purposefully used a different drum sound than what is in the rest of the song, I honestly can't remember why.

8. You don't need an account or have to sign in if you do. It only takes you directly to our page and mp3 player...