please listen to my fusion/jazz band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by g4string, Apr 2, 2004.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
  2. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Bring the bass up, maybe more mids for some punch and you there. Sound good. Is the bass being miked or DI?
  3. I love it, This is my kind of music. I'd buy one of your CD's if you have any.
  4. sedgdog

Jan 26, 2002
    Pasco, WA
    That is some great stuff. I would buy your CD. I really enjoyed your groove and the fact that the songs had a melody line like a good vocal song, and not just a bunch of shredding. The slap stuff had a bit of a "click" to it, don't know if you can fatten it up a little, but overall you've got a great sound and feel. Best of luck.
  5. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Thanks for your kind words. The CD is all of the songs (5ea) that are on soundclick. As far as the mix goes, it is done. the CD is at Disc Makers being replicated as I speak. I did notice the "click" on the slap stuff. We were on a tight budget and did not have a ton of time to fine tune everything. If you guys want a CD I will send you one for free. All I ask is that you send a few bucks to cover S&H. PM with your address and I will PM you mine. The CD should be done in about two weeks.

Gear we used

Bass (me) - Lakland 55-94 w/ Seymours, Demeter HBP-1 direct to board

Guitar - MIA Strat w/ Roland synth, MIA Paul Reed Smith, s**t load of pedals, Mesa Boogie Mark III

Keys - Yamaha P200, envelope filter, direct to board

Drums - Ludwigs
  6. Hey G4 , dude nice tunes, I love your style of music, awesome.

You might consider one of your tunes for the TB sampler CD.

Nice bass work and I too, enjoy your guitarist, nice job!

:D Treena
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's some nice groovin' and really great playing. Personally I'd love to just play with some guys that would be willing to learn and attempt to play those songs. Do you guys do any originals?

brad cook
  8. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX

Thanks for the kind words. We do do some original stuff. I would say that 90% of our show are covers. We do alot of Head Hunters/Head Hunter style songs as well as some of the cheesier stnd jazz songs/grooves.
  9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i dug what i heard also. i would like to see some more originals though.
  10. Sounds very good to me. Maybe it's just my speakers, but I thought the bass was far too quiet (but isn't it always?).
  11. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    In the home stereo it sounds muck better. I will admit that on the computer it does (the bass) sound a bit low.
  12. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Nice. Has a very Robben Ford vibe.
  13. dTune

Feb 28, 2004
    Good stuff. People say the bass is too low in the mix, but i think it's actually the guitar a little too much on top. But not much. Maybe some low mids for the bass and it's there.