please look at my equipment!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dumbdan162, Jun 4, 2005.

1. dumbdan162

May 20, 2005
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I thought your speling wuz funky until i luuked at yer pics, then I realized that u have dog paws fer hands and feet.

That's cool.
  3. rofl! :D
  4. dumbdan162

May 20, 2005
    do u like my equipment then? yeah my dog and i combined somehow and now i have dog features.

is my equipment good?
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    It's probably a good beginner-to-intermediate bass. I haven't tried the non-jazz style Essex basses, but the quality is probably just as good. Don't know if it's a decent amp or not- you'll need a more powerful one if you want to gig, but 100w is fine for jamming with friends. Now the speaker is 100w- does the head push out 100w?

BTW, you'd be better off taking smaller pictures of your equipment and from further away. The ones you posted are way too large and out of focus to make them easy to look at.
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Well...I'm always partial to blue basses.

Beyond that, I don't have any personal experience with the gear you're using. The amp looks like it's perfect for havin' on the couch for practice time, but I wouldn't want to try to keep up with a drummer or guitarist with it.

I guess the important question is: Do you like your gear?
  7. yeah, the focus is off

the bass looks nice enough and the amp should do for the moment until you get gigging

btw...try not setting the amp EQ to all maxes, it'll probably sound much better with a little more subtle eq-ing
  8. So another limey on the board! Not bad gear, it should last you a fair while.
  9. You could usefully lose at least 80% of your file size without sacrificing quality on those pics....
  10. Oh, and I think blue is fine for basses.
  11. Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    nice dog...

that looks like a fat rat 60 watt amp to me....
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I didn't even look at them all.

I don't do pics that are three times the size of my monitor, and that take longer than a second or two to load.
  13. your bass is quite nice looking...and the amp is pretty cool too. i have no idea if either are any good or not.