1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please "Name Changed" - Please post a gear thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    My new favorite TalkBass member has got to be "Name Changed". I just love this kid. He's mentioned several times that he plans to start a thread to show off the collection that he and his dad have. I for one am looking forward to it. He's offered to post videos of him playing - I want to see it. I also want to see a video of name Changed's Dad playing too - he must be amazing. Probably famous - I think that Name Changed has been hinting at that more than just a little bit. (why do you think he had to change his name?) I assume that we'll see Flea jamming with young Name Changed and his (probably) famous father and their amazing collection of high end and vintage basses and amps. So come on Name Changed - Make that thread. And tell us who your daddy is - I'm sure that you'd feel a little funny name dropping like that, but you'll get over it.

I can't wait to see the greatest 16 year old bass player of all time jamming with his incredibly talented and probably famous father, not to mention the one and only Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers (Mike Balzary to Mr. Name Changed - he and Flea are tight…) …to see these guys jamming on the greatest collection basses, amps and bass gear ever assembled. I'm giddy just thinking about it. It will inspiring. Please post the thread you've promised soon.

2. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I've seen this kid around too. Please, oh pretty please, post pics and sound clips and whatever else you can dream up. It would be most appreciated. :smug:

P.S. Please with cherries on top.

AuG

Oh yeah......incredible.

3. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Yea.. he's been my favorite since his very first post...
    I think he is ULTRA cool and i wish i could be like him! :hyper:

4. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    So when he says "thump" I'm to assume he's talking about Classical Thump by Victa.

Oooo, he's killer alright. :rolleyes: One of the GC wankers, I'm guessing.

AuG

5. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Yeah, his profile makes me think he's going to be a great fit here at TB.

He's available for instruction too, can't wait to get my name on the list to be taught by the greatest 15 year old bassist with the best gear ever.

6. Pff. I thought I was the most spoiled kid on these boards...

I want to see some sweet gear.

7. I did a search for his posts. This "Name Changed" character has to be a put-on, right? I mean, someone would have to put in a whole lot of effort to come across sounding like such a tool. :scowl:

8. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.

You haven't been around the boards long have you?!?!?
    Trust me, ther are a bunch here that don't put much effort into it at all!!

9. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    :D :D :D

10. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    ..... and yeah, I want to see the gear list & vid's too .... old guys like me need to live vicariously through you young cats :hyper:

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    What pointbass said! Come on NC, educate us old farts! :)

Wow..I just did a search and found his posts. I can't put my thoughts into words, so I'll put it into a picture:[​IMG]

12. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    I was thinking an interpretive dance myself.
    Like this:
    [​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

13. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    "Name Changed" because his original moniker was in violation of one of the rules here (the profanity one.) ;)

I'm kinda interested in some pics as well. In one thread (which seems to be gone now) he mentioned that he had a limited edition Carvin 8-string made in 2004. I'd be really interested in seeing that, seeing as Carvin never made an 8-string bass, limited edition or otherwise.

incredible.

14. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I think someone is full of...

I think you could've expressed yourself a little differently....~Mod

15. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I started reading his posts but had to stop about halfway thru because I started to feel unclean. Assuming all his claims are true, I think the best that can be hoped for is one of the following:

1) Name Changed grows up and gets some perspective on life, especially that few people are really impressed with how much you have.
    (Not very likely)

2) When he turns 18, Name Changed Sr. kicks his a** to the curb and he has to fend for himself in a world where being able to get along with people is more important than how many widgets you own.
    (Also not very likely)

Damn. I guess there is no hope. :rollno:

16. You missed one:

3) Flea takes him under his wing and, using more equipment than humanly possible and with the blessing of Almost-Bill-Gates-Is-My-Dad, he embarks on a soul-searching and fruitful musical journey to be entitled "I Am the Walru-....Greatest".
    Sadly (and almost car-wreck like), I predict poor ticket sales, but multitudes of people who slow down to gawk and wonder why.

Mike

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'd say that's a really large assumption. My bet is he is some 15 year old wanker slapping his Ibenhad Soundgear through his Behringer combo with a blown Bugera and occasionally taking a break from posting his fantasy life to huff a little butane or gas and shred on his walmart skateboard.

18. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Nice!! :D

19. Heh. :D

20. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    This was the best one from him IMO!
    And Tom's reply!
    What he doesn't get (and NEVER will) is that Tom actually bought all his gear. And if he wanted, could buy a ton more.
    Tom called him out and yet, still nothing.

Even if he did post some pic's, it's not his, it's his DADS!!!

I should get my friend Ira Strickstein to post up some pic's.
    At one time he had (and not kidding here) over 10 Foderas, 12 Sadowsky's and a ton of other high end basses.
    All over the $2000 mark.
    In fact his one Fodera is still on the Fodera site here:
    http://www.fodera.com/gallery_beast.html
    You don't want to know the price of that one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.