1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PLEASE new bass suggestions? (info inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turbo, May 18, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I got a custom U.S. made LeCompte ST-5 for just a few bucks more than your budget (pictured below). LeCompte is new to the custom scene and making very high quality stuff for VERY reasonable prices (trying to break into the market).

I really cannot say enough great things about this bass. It literally right up there in terms of quality, build and looks as basses 2 - 3 times as much. LeComptebass.com Call Bud and see what he can do for you! I'd rather get a custom for my money vs a production model...

[​IMG]

2. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    +1 on the Spectors.

I don't play death metal, but I find the Spectors sound great with screaming Marshall half stacks on both side of you. The only time I prefer something else is when I use my P-Bass on Iron Maiden tunes because the high register notes on the D and G strings cut through more.

3. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Us metal heads are everywhere....we are just in hiding half the time. :D I might get flamed off but what about a p-bass with SD quarter pound pups? Not a clear high-fi tone but IMHO slings enough mud to cut through the gain of the MESA stacks that seem to litter the metal landscape. If you half to go fiver try a Stingray 5 or Spector 5. The Euro Spectors I have played have been sweet not only in terms of tone but fit and finish have been top shelf.

4. Turbo

Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    Illinois
    Which BC Rich's are USA made?

5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
  6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Any model you want! They are custom built for you and the build quality is excellent. Unfortunately, the USA stuff is way too expensive. Sometimes you can find a good deal on a used one though.

I priced a black USA Virgin four string with neck binding (abalone w/white-black-white), ebony board, and active EMG's and was looking at $2900 :eek: I like them but not that much!

7. Turbo

Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    Illinois
    I sent them BC Rich an email on how much a basically NJ Warlock 5string would cost, and how much a Widow 5String with the same features would cost

8. Turbo

Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    Illinois
    Does anyone know where I could get an old or used Widow bass?