Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please no more free Ipod threads...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by geoffkhan, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm getting really tired of seeing all these posts about free Ipods. My theory is that every once and a while in this scam they send out a real Ipod just to keep people "excited", and so tell all their friends about it and spam forums such as TalkBass.

It's a rule in the Off Topic forum that you can't post anything political (heh, I learned this the hard way) or a IBTL type of thread.

So what do you think? Should there be a rule against posting free Ipod threads?

2. But there already is a rule against it. Spam of any kind isn't allowed, we just need an OT moderator to show up and lock it down.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    How about you just report the posts.... I believe we've done a good job keeping this place clean. I'm only a mod in "Bassists" so I have no choice but to report the bad posts / threads I see here and in other sections.

:bassist:

4. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I don't believe in it, but some of my friends have told me it's real and it works. If it is real, they're doing it by selling your information out to every company on the planet, so for me it wouldn't be worth it just for a free Ipod.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    good point. From here on out it's only free Xbox threads for me.

brad cook

6. The words of a man w/ many dark secrets.....Say no more! :smug:

7. word, for a free xbox they can sell all the info they want :smug:

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.