PLEASE READ : how do I acheive this

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ashton, May 1, 2003.

1. ashton

Jan 4, 2001

Firstly, Im putting this here because over the last 3 years this has been the most informative thing I have come across on the net or surrounding area.

Plus Ive seen these kinda questions answered here before.

I have made the switch from Bass to guitar, but its all in the name of becoming better at both. I want to learn to play like SRV, Clapton, Page, BB King an all. I have the Hendrix thing mostly down, really impresses...blah blah ramble ramble.

I need ALL the help I can get any websites, scales, modes, anything remotely relevant Id love to hear.
  2. hey what's up?

I've just recently started playing guitar myself after 15 years of working the four string. Basically for the same reasons as yourself , getting well rounded musically and hopefully improving my abilities on bass.
    The best advice I can offer after a year with my six string is to approach it the same way you approached bass when you were starting. I found to be a decent site, and I also found it helpful to purchase a chord chart. I haven't really progressed past this stage myself (no wailing solo ability yet) , so I don't know how helpful this will be to you, but good luck.