1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please recommend a gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by prokfrog, Aug 13, 2007.

1. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Hi,

I'm looking for a quality gig bag with a decent amount of storage that my bass will spend it's life in. I appreciate your suggestions

thanks

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    What is your budget? I recommend the Incase Slimbag or Sadowsky Portabag, but they are $225 and $189 respectively.

3. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Trying to keep it under $100

thanks

4. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Lull and Lakland ship their basses in Levy's bags. I have two of them that are slightly different. Both are nice with plenty of storage and decent protective features for your basses.

Don't know about prices as I got mine with the basses :) But MF sells Levy's stuff, so it should not be too hard to get a price.

Good luck

5. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    I hate the straps, but the Body Glove gig bag goes for about $100.

I recommend trying to find a used Under Cover Gig Bag, you may find a used one for around $100. They are well padded and really durable.

6. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    Warwick rockbag, its thick, has good pockets, lined with a nice material that won't scratch, has a neck strap to keep your bass in place when you unzip it, has reinforced ends to make sure it won't get damaged in a fall, and is reasonably priced. I got one with my warwick, but use it for my backup bass, and it hasn't seen any damage at all, and i've been across the country playing every night loading in and out every day. oh, and it's water resistant.

7. +1

I've got one of these bags and I love it. It's got padding in the right places and the straps make it not so over bearing to carry on your back.

8. neuromancer

neuromancer

Apr 28, 2005
    CT, USA
    I like Ritter bags myself, although the distribution seems to be limited at best.

9. I was just about to suggest those. I live in the UK and they're fairly easily available here

10. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The best gig bag I ever owned believe or not....a Carvin. Very tough and well padded with plenty of storage. I've traveled with it too.

Best all...............$35

Carvin Gig Bag

I don't think twice about putting my $2k Carvin Elite in it or any of my other basses!

11. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I prefer my Levi's bags over my Carvin and Ibanez bags, but my Carvin bag may be an older version as mine doesn't have much padding at all.

12. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Access Stage 5. I grabbed mine for $89.00. Tons of storage, great protection. I've used mine for hundreds of gigs with no issues.

13. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
  14. i suggest any of those bags that are kinda hybrid hardshell gigbags. theyre not hardshell, but they have a thick plastic shield or support so its very protective, and they are usually LOADED with padding, to keep your bass firmly in place inside. i have one and its the greatest, its made by body glove.

these kind are nice because they have the protection of a hardshell with the portability, size, and ease of use of a gig bag.

15. I use a roadrunner. It seems pretty sturdy

16. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It may not be the best bag I've ever had, (Mooraidian &
    Undercover) but for $37.00 Its the best deal I know of.
    Lots of storage and good padding. Comfortable straps in
    just the right locations. I don't think anything touches it
    for the price.

17. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I actually recently ordered one of these for my Carvin LB75 Fretless, and I agree. It beats a lot of gig bags more than twice its price.

18. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    A second "aye" to Access Stage 5 bags.

I got mine for $89 too and love it.

JMHO

19. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    It's probably out of your price range, but a Mooradian bag would be awesome. I own one of their double electric bass bags and then one of their double bass bags. These bags have seen a lot of use and still are in great condition.

20. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    +1 Love the mooradian bag, its very tough, compact and light