1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please recommend a gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by prokfrog, Aug 13, 2007.

1. deaf pea

deaf pea

Mar 24, 2005
    Cuernavaca 1 hr S Mexico City
    Seymour Duncan/Basslines SMB-5A Endorsing Artist

Another vote for the the Carvin GB45 . . .

FWIW, I've got EIGHT of 'em!

2. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Who carries this bag? I cannot seem to find it anywhere..
    thanks

3. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    If you go to thier website, e mail them. They immediately called a local shop, and the sent a bag to them. The shop is within walking distance of my house, and it's where my kids take lessons. The shop called me, and voila! It was mine for a song. Access has great customer service, and I HIGHLY reccommend them!

I see you are from NJ as well. I dealt with Bobby over at the Colts Neck Custom Shop (Monmouth County).

4. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    I found Access' email to be non-responsive, so I called them using the phone number on their website. They were very helpful, giving the names of 3 dealers in the greater Seattle area.

Let us know how it goes - these are great bags and worth the extra effort to get one!

JMHO

5. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    I e-mailed them a few hours ago. I'll give it a day or so, then call them. Thanks to all for your input...

6. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I've had a leather Levy's bag for around fifteen years and it's still going strong. They're expensive but other than maybe the Reunion Blues leather one nothing else will go that distance under heavy use. Broken down as a yearly expense it's a better deal than a cheap (or even an expensive) fabric one. That said I have a Mooradian that I really like for it's lightness, carrying comfort and the incredibly snug, compact fit. Mooradians are well made, well designed bags and they have no problem doing custom fit and/or custom features for not a lot more than a stock one. I liked the Warwick initially but it fell apart after less than two years.