1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

please recommend multieffects pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dougjwray, Mar 30, 2009.

1. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    I almost never use any effects, but I'm reuniting with an old band after many years, and will need an envelope follower for a couple of tunes. The Doctor Q that I originally used (ca. 1979) has subsequently died. Now I'm thinking of buying something that can do that, plus octave doubling and chorus (simultaneously, at times). I'd like to spend around $100-150, new. (It doesn't have to sound good.) :smug:
    Any suggestions?

2. Jc575

Jc575

Feb 18, 2002
    Whitestone, NY
    Give the Zoom B2 a try. It's a pretty good multi for under $99. I just picked one up and it seems to do everything pretty well (with some tweaking, of course).

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    +1 for the Zoom. Good basic effects, easy to use. Won't set the world on fire but it will get you a decent palette of effects to work with.

4. I just picked up a used Digitech BP80, mostly to use as a headphone amp, and it's not bad. The amp/cab modelling is nice, and I do like having an assignable expression pedal. I don't think it does octaving, but I'm still working out what all it will do...

5. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'm leaning toward the Zoom B2. The one thing that bothers me about it is the fact that you apparently have to have combinations of effects programmed... you can't layer on different things spontaneously. However, I'll probably check it out because a lot of people seem to love them.

6. just one more reason why I love stomp boxes over multi's,...

I have the zoom B2, liked it for a while, then got too lazy to figure out making up lots of patches I liked,... tis handy to use as a drum machine for practice tho ;)