Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KSDbass, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    ok, sorry for the underline, but I need this really fast. My friend just bought some yard balloons, and he made a bet that I couldn't pop one with a pellet gun without him noticing. now, I'm doing this tonight, because this will be my only chance for 3 weeks. I'm just wondering, I have flatwads(the ones that have a flat front) or some pointed ones. the pointed one are not actually poky, just slightly conical. So what I'm wondering is, which one will be quietest? btw, the gun is a benjamin pellet gun, if that matters, and I'm sorry I don't know the FPS. it should be around the 900's-1,000's, because its really nice. thanks for all the help

2. The rounds ones I'd say. Try clapping your hands, and then try clapping a hand and a fist.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I don't really think that either will have that noticeable of a difference in noise.

Why are you destroying his baloons anyways?

4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey Roguebass

Like Trevorus said, why are you destroying his balloons?

What is your plan? Are you going to sneak around there at night, take out the balloon, and run?

If so, I'd say that you shouldn't do this. Pellet guns are not as powerful as true firearms, but they can still hurt/kill somebody, especially the 900-1000 FPS rifles. You should never shoot at anything if you don't know what is behind it, which if you were shooting at a balloon in his yard, you wouldn't really know. Also, if the police saw you with an air rifle, especially at night, it can easily be mistaken for a real rifle. Sorry to not have offered any "real" advice, just looking out for your safety.

Vince

5. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Are you going to rock a gillie suit and sit in his yard for 3 days? That would be pretty hot.

6. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    +1

Plus, in many places in the country, discharging an air rifle is the same as discharging a true firearm.

Neighbors and cops ain't gonna be happy campers on this.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Let the other guy win the bet this time.

-Mike

8. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    You got a plastic soda bottle handy?
    Be a professional. If you can't make the shot. DON'T TAKE THE SHOT and you can't be sure where the projectile will stop...it better not start.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sneak up behind your friend, and knock him out with some Ether or club him with something. While he's knocked out, take his wallet and max out his credit cards. Put the credit cards back in his wallet. Go to the store, buy more ballons, pop the old ones and replace them. When he wakes up, he will think you lost the bet.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Also, while he's knocked out turn him on his stomach and pull his pants down...just to keep him wondering when he wakes up.

brad cook

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    :D

Roguebass, I've been following your posts about guns (M16 with thumb ejector?). You seem very interested in shooting but still a bit naive about firearms in general. Please seek proper training and spend time with folks who are avid but responsible shooters. You'll learn a lot from them. As a shooter, I like to see interest in my sport and I always welcome new blood so I don't want you to start off on the wrong foot and possibly hurt yourself or someone. If you have any questions about guns or shooting you can always ask the resident gun crowd (the normal and stable ones, so don't PM me ;)) and I am sure they will be glad to help you out. :hyper:

12. ArtisFallen

ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    +1

by pellet gun to you mean air soft gun? we have wars with those things all the time. it's nothing to worry about, and it will definately pop a balloon and it's quiet. if this is what you're talking about ignore me, if not, look into getting one from like wal-mart for 15 bucks.

and by not noticing does he mean not noticing you? or not noticing the baloon is gone. because no matter how quiet the gun is, and exploding balloon is going to turn heads...

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.