Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

please respond to this speaker ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benjamintowle, Apr 14, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i am making a 2x10 i think of you these jvc speaker that glow when like there sound from them would the work with bass they have like the same pesones like sound like most speakers for bass please help out. these are the one http://jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL015820&page=2

2. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    well ..

The speakers you gave up are 12 ' speakers . and the page don't give you any information about rms power
    so if you don't know this information you can't make a cabinet ! The speakers have to be as powerfull as your amp . otherwise they will not have a happy life :) the next thing is their range
    they only cover 16 Hz - 1500 Hz that means you will not have any high tones in your sound . good for reggae sound , bad for slap bass and even rock sounds . last thing : the speakers are used in subwoofers so i doubt they give a good vibration in open air

3. Besides that, it's a car subwoofer. With 100 watts pumped into it, you'll hardly notice it's making any sound. Those things EAT power. A typical 10" or 12" PA woofer has 10-100 times as much efficiency, and that's no lie.

Find another speaker. JBL has very cool stuff for bass guitar. Limit your search to professional speakers only.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    you guys understood what he was trying to say???

I just got confused trying to figure out what he was asking.

5. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    with a little more time : yes ! i'm also a non english speaker so I know it can be hard sometimes !

6. Nope, couldn't read it. Note that I replied after Basswou, so I could anticipate the question.

Yo Binjemen, were did yoo lerns to rite men!

Maybe he's not a 15 y/o after all...

7. Oh, apologies, I just realized that English may not be your native language.

Sorry!

8. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    hey! you are indeed an american boy . be more patient when you write it all down . it would be for the best

9. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    sorry about all the messed up.i like have a key board that is wireless and sucks and some times it dont work right and i am not that good of a speller .i just want to know i have decide to make a 4x10 .two speakers of those jvc .i can get them for free and the other two cravin .whould this sound good.i doing this because the jvc are really low response.and the carvin iam getting a little higher to get more mid then my 15.

10. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium