Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please Review My Band.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jguitarj, May 7, 2003.

1. jguitarj

jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    Chicago
    We just started this band at the beginning of this year. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

BEYONDER

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    you guys rock!
    [​IMG]

if not for that guy alone ;)

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    you guys kick ass! do you have anymore recordings other than that one on the page?

4. jguitarj

jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Thanx guys, we just started so we only have that recording. You think this song willl work with vocals.

5. FIREPIE

FIREPIE

May 19, 2003
    i really think you guys are carving up some fun stuff! had me doin the "air bass guitar" thing here at my computer keyboard! i would definately check you guys out if i was in your area, but who knows, maybe you guys will be coming to my area some day (seattle, wa) on tour?!!?
    anyway, i like the aggressive sound, the only things i would change from what i heard,is

1) that bass drum, (obviously just my opinion), but i think if that bass drum had a bigger sound it would really strengthen that song, it (bass drum)just sounds kinda weak/odd to me.
    2) i think i heard a little slap action goin' on that sounded cool, but i wish i could have heard it a little better. actually it might just be my little speakers at my pc?!
    3)and my last little 1/2 cent, VOCALS. i think that will totally make or break this cut. i hope you guys don't throw out some shreaky-8o's metal vocals and ruin a good thing, OR that rap/rock crap that needs to go away (for a LONG time.)
    personally, i think with a little polishing this cut could stand on its own, but if you go with vocals, just get someone who can really, truly sing. it's so frickin' dissappointing to hear a killer group that has a horrible singer who you must try so hard to "zone-out" track after track! best of luck to you and your band! i hope i'll get to hear some more wicked little jams from you guys in the future!

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I got a bit confused looking at that site - so you are the guitarist and not a bass player - but you are here at TalkBass asking us? :confused:

7. jguitarj

jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Hey Bruce! Yeah im a guitar player.....

My bass player is a %100 better musician than I am and I thought that posting here, I might receive some constructive feedback on the bass lines. I really dont get too many intelligent responses on guitar forums so forgive me for intruding.

Thanks Firepie,

We have been looking for a vocalist for some time now and not finding one that has chops or can have a range that we need. We had a voice like Chris Cornell in mind.

Thanks for your kind help and efforts!

8. FIREPIE

FIREPIE

May 19, 2003
    "We had a voice like Chris Cornell in mind."

yeeaah, that's crazy, i ALMOST mentioned that exact name in my post, but didn't. that type of voice(something in that range) would really gel good with what you guys have happening. cornell at times,could get pretty high in his own right, but it was in good taste and not all the time.

9. jguitarj

jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Right on Fire!

Bieng in a band with a wide variety of influences, we all do share Soundgarden as one of the band/artists we can agree on. Because of this, we had the same type of vocalist in mind.....we were also thinking about Meynard from "Tool." We basically want a lyricist vocalist that can produce good poetry and sing in tune. Especially someone that can do odd-time signature like Cornell and Meynard.

As a result...we have been looking and still are.

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I like it, but I think the main heavy riff is a bit too generic sounding. You guys are good players, but I would think to spice up the riffs a bit. Not bad for a newly formed band though. Keep it up.

11. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    That really is some very good music. I defintley agree that the music would sound a lot better if you recorded the bass pedal a lot better. Right now it just kinda sounds like a tapping of sorts. Also vocals would help. Overall though, it is very good, and I think you guys have something good going on here.