1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please Show Me a Picture of Your OLP MM3 Series/Parallel Switch Mod Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DISCOSTUVW, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I have seen a lot of talk and drawings of this mod, but I would like to see the wiring in real life. Could someone snap a pic and post it up for me? Thanks.:bag:

2. BassLife77

BassLife77

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego
    I modded my MM3 with 2 SPDT switches so I can have series/parallel/north coil/south coil switching. I would show you pictures but its a pain because the strings and pickguard have to be removed.

supr7-1bb.

3. I'm guessing the positive would be the White wires and the negative would be the Black wires?

4. BassLife77

BassLife77

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego
    yes, white is (+) and black is (-). Its been awhile since I had the original pickup so you should see a set wires for each coil. connect the shield from each wire to ground. If you want a better sounding bass I would get another pickup. Even the cheap Wilkinsons would sound better than the OLP pickup

5. Yeah it's def in the works. Once I have more moneys I was thinking about trying a Guitar Fetish pup and maybe eventually an active preamp.:hyper: