Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please stop posting SADOWSKY threads!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alexander, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    You guys are absolutely killing me with all these beautiful pictures, rave reviews, etc., etc. Enough already! It is tourture! I keep looking at things around the house saying, hmmm... if I sold these 100 DVDs for $5 each, let's see... that's $500. Only $3,000 to go. Then I could sell that china cabinet - that's easily worth another $500. Wait, that belongs to my wife. Well, maybe she wouldn't miss it. Only $2500 to go...

You guys are going to get me into serious trouble. :bag:

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

3. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Hmmm.. how much are kidneys worth? I mean, a guy can live on one, right? You open to a trade?...

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How much does a kidney go for?
    EDIT: ah we think alike.

5. MAJOR METAL

True :) , only if it was for another Sadowsky. :D

6. Kidneys, depending on your HLA fetch, between an average of $50,000 depending on the country and black market you deal with. YMMV.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Whoa. Good show, batman.

8. You have to be hepatis and HIV negative as well as lack diabetes mellitus, hypertension, renal insufficiency or cancer.

If you are really creative and can run fast, you can purchase a bovine kidney at the butcher shop, bring to Roger's shop, and make a direct trade and hit the subway before he notices that's it's not a human kidney. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to have the organs piling up in a corner.

9. MAJOR METAL

Thats very funny Doctor Jim, very creative. :D

10. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA

Do you think it would actually work?

11. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Not after he reads it here ;)

12. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Then let me try this:

Dear Mr Sadowsky,

I think you make the finest basses on the planet - beautiful and sonically wonderful. If you read this and would like to perform a great community service, please consider sending me a Vintage 5. It would be a great thing and I would happily tell eveyone I know how great you and your company truly are. If I make it big one day, I will most gladly pay you back.

Let me know where I can send you my mailing address. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

:bassist:

13. Dear Mr. Gates...

14. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    $3500? They're that expensive? They better sound really good.

15. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    You and me both, my man. You and me both. :D

16. Call Roger and ask him. I think it would be awesome if he responded "yer kidneying me, right?"

*"kidding me?

17. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Sounds like you have experience. You really are "1/3" man without those unnecessary organs, huh?

18. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001

1.OH yeah
    2. That expensive or way more if you option it out....
    3. They do. If you ever pass through Saint Augustine, look me up and you can hear/try it.

19. MAJOR METAL

They sure are :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bassist: . The best i have ever played :)

20. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    OK Alexander, I'll post pics of my Sdowsky's!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]