1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please tell me I didn't do something stupid!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Alexander, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I sold my SABDDI this evening to help pay for an upcoming purchase (I'm getting a Sadowsky outboard preamp). I used to use my Sansamp all the time, but since getting my TFunk\Berg rig, it has been collecting dust. I plugged the SABDDI in this evening and it sounded awesome - so much so I almost called off the sale. But, the Sadowsky tone was calling my name (dang that GAS!), so I went through with it.

I love the tone of my rig and am planning on buying a Sadowsky Metro next fall. Right now though, I want to use the outboard pre with my MIA Jazz (ash\maple). I love the punch\clarity of that bass, but am hoping the pre will add some additional warmth, depth and presence the ash\maple combo seems to lack.

Do you think getting the Sadowsky pre will ease the regret of selling the SABDDI?

2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    yes. and the Tfunk DI out will ease your pain too. You will be much happier with your new rig and sound.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    First off, don't regret selling the Bass Driver. I think it's highly overrated, and the Sadowsky will be a much better product. However, I'm not a big believer in using electronics to make up for the natural sound of the bass. While you will be able to add a little bottom end to it with a better preamp, it's just not the same.

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
  5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i think you'll be fine. wait until you get your new rig. play with it for a while, and then decide if you really need the sansamp.

then if you do, pick one up again. but i think you'll be happy with the sadowsky. (but you'll probably have both in you arsenal further on down the line. why not?)

6. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Alexander, the Sadowsky Outboard DI is the **** compared to SABBDI!

I'm sure you'll be happy with the sadowsky, especially if you're using passive basses :)

SABBDI sounds way too sterile/modern in my oppinion. The Sadowsky is just fat as hell!

7. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for all the replies - that's what I was hoping to hear!