Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please tell me what you think about my tab

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by MxPx_Fan, Nov 2, 2005.

1. MxPx_Fan

MxPx_Fan

Nov 1, 2005
    Well I just started writing my own tabs for my own songs and even though this one isnt finished yet I would like to post what I have so far up here so you can see it maybe try it out and tell me what ya think thanx.

G|---------------------0-0-0-0-3-3-3-3-5-5-5-5---------0-0-0-0-3-3-3-3-5-5-5-5---------5*|
    D|---------------------------------------------4-4-4-4-------------------------4-4-4-4---|
    A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    E|0*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

G|0-00-00-3-33-33---------4-44-44------------5-55-55--|
    D|----------------3-33-33---------2-22-22-3-4---------| -2x
    A|----------------------------------------------------|
    E|----------------------------------------------------|

G|3-33-33-5-55-55---7-77-77-6-6-------------------4-3-5-55-55|
    D|----------------5-------------5-55-55-4-3-33-33------------| -2x
    A|-----------------------------------------------------------|
    E|-----------------------------------------------------------|

2. I'm not going to write a review because I have no idea how it's supposed to sound. This is the problem with (most) tabs. There's no way of know what rythm to play, how long to hold notes, and everything that makes playing the notes sound like a piece of music.

What I'm trying to say is that it's too vague to put up a tab and ask us how it sounds (especially if it's a song none of us have ever heard).

Record what you're playing and post it in the recordings section, and we'll give you constructive criticism. ;)

3. Red701

Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    i think i understand the sound you trying to get out of it and its good. but one problem i have so far with it is the 4 on the D string (F sharp i believe) it doesnt really fit into the the scale of the rest of the song. i think if you made that note 3 on the D string (F) it would fit into the major scale (as well as some other scales) and make it sound better (at least in my opinion). i didnt really get to far into it so thats my only critique for now. keep posting your tabs. id like to see them

4. MxPx_Fan

MxPx_Fan

Nov 1, 2005
    Hey thank you for telling me what you thought and I'm really glad you liked it and I will try to make a recording as fast as I can but it might not sound that good because I am gonna put it directly onto my computer but you can still get a rough idea of how it sounds