please use search

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Starrchild, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    it would really be nice if everybody used the search thread on a certain player or instrument before you post a thread.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good reminder! :D

although this should probably be in OT or Misc.
  3. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I couldnt agree with you more, chances are if you do a search, you'll find just about any info you are looking for on here. And yeah what JT....moved to Micellaneous.
  4. Its funny, the search never works for me, I put in the keywords, I just get a list of the newest posts, it doesnt help at all.

It prob cause I have an IQ of an unripe grapefruit :D
  5. Enter Mr. Smarty pants
    I believe the correct terminology would be "It's probably because I have the IQ of an unripe grapefruit. :D

Other grammatical corrections other than the underlined ones are free.
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

it's mr smarty pants! :D

we need a mr smarty pants smilie.
  7. Well, that would depend on your directorial concept of Mr. Smarty pants.
    I am, of course, assuming you're the director, since you said there should be a Mr. Smarty pants smiley, and therefore you have an idea of what he looks like in your head. :p

See? I KNEW that theater arts stuff would come in handy some day! :D

Yes, he does. If you notice, after every Mr. Smarty pants entry, there's the word "exeunt" in italics. It's used in theater to specify that all or certain named characters leave the stage.
    THAT is some MORE useful theater arts stuff! :D:p
  8. Would it be possible to reinstate the "Search titles only" feature? I used that a lot in the past, and I miss it now.
  9. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    there is a big problem with the search. if you use more than one search term at a time, you will only see a list of most recent posts that have nothing to do with your topic.
  10. Ah! Yes. Now I see.
  11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Re: Searching -

You're assuming the poster is really looking for information or opinions, as opposed to just wanting to run up their post count.
  12. duff_hodges

May 15, 2000
    Suffolk, UK
    I was always led to believe that you use 'an' at the beginning of a word which starts with a vowl. E.g .....because an <b>E</b>lephant........
    ....we are building an <b>I</b>gloo.... etc.

So Sheep Man, are you really that smarty??
  13. Well, duff, in the context that IQ was used in in your post suggests that it is one of a kind, your own personal IQ.
    Think of it in terms of physical objects. You would be more likely to say "It's an igloo that I built." if you'd built more than one, but you would say "It's the igloo that I built." if you have only built one.
    If you wanna talk more grammar, PM me or something. :p
  14. duff_hodges

May 15, 2000
    Suffolk, UK
    Bloody hell!!! A sheep is trying to out smart me, aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :D
  15. hey, monsieur pantalons-intelligents, doesn't "exeunt" imply that we all leave?
  16. It's usually used at the end of an act, and then blackout, all leave, set changes (usually)...
    so I've started using Exit Mr. Smarty pants now. :D
    I was hoping no one else would pick up on that. :p
  17. I noticed.. just didn't bother commenting because I was strapped on time.