Please wish me luck this Thursday!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trent-35, Aug 8, 2000.

1. I am playing a major label showcase for a girl i've played for since '96 at the Wildhorse in Nashville, Tn, this Thursday night. We've already done 2 showcases for this label the last 2 months. All the brass are gonna be at this one. I can always tell when it's a big gig for her cuz i have to deal with her management, or her people as i call them, rather then with just her. We did a big showcase like this for RCA last December and they didn't sign her saying they didn't have room. I hope this time is the charm. Her regular drummer is out with the Bellamy brothers, so the guy that did all her studio stuff is playing drums. We did a rehersal Sunday night that went really well. The guy is a monster player, but i still lock in alot better with the regular drummer cuz we've backed so many singers together and lock in so well. We have another rehersal tonight that all her "people" are going to be at. Well, i've rambled enough i guess huh? Hey, did you guys have to retype your name and password to use this board again? I did. Trent
  2. Good luck, Trent! Go out there and kick some ass. If it wasn't a Thursday night, I might drive up there and check it out, I'm only 3 1/2 hours away. Anyway, let us know how it goes!
  3. Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    Luck to you.

Hee hee hee.

Ah i can't think of anything else to say. Just luck.
  4. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Yeah, damn straight man! Best of luck and everything else good. Dont leave us hanging though, come back here and let us know how it went and what happens from it.
  5. Thanks guys. The rehersal went very well tonight i thought. The head of A&R from the label showed up at rehersal. He's aleady on board as far as getting her signed. The showcase on Thursday night should go well. We will get one more dry run thru the show at soundcheck. Were doing 8 songs. Her stuff is alot closer to rock/alternative than country. Trent
  6. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Hey Trent, good luck. Hope all goes well. Keep us informed.
  7. Ok guys, here is the report. The showcase was great. There was some trouble at soundcheck getting her happey with her moniter. But at showtime it was right. The show felt good from the downbeat. I was just happy to get on stage cuz i was as jumpy as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs beforehand, Not nervous, just wanted to get it over with. The crowd response was very strong. I also had several co-workers there form my day gig seeing me play for the 1st time. When it was over and the curtian closed, we all just stood there, then the guy who produces her and played acoustic on the showcase, smiled and said, F88*&^^ AAA!!! And this guy has never swore in the 8 years i've known him. lol We just all knew it was a strong show. The label prez and head of A&R then came back there and talked to her. I did miss her regular drummer, but the studio guy did a great job. Not getting the songs kicked off fast enough would be my only complaint of him. She's getting her jaw broken to get her overbite fixed tommorrow. I don't know if she's gonna get signed or not. It looks real good and we did all we could with that showcase. Personally, i caught my groove about mid way thru the 2nd song. Trent
  8. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Cool Trent,

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  9. Scottzo

Jan 20, 2000
  10. Yeah, I thought it was "break a leg"..
  11. LoL. No, the girl singer who is going for the record deal literally had her jaw broken today to have her overbite fixed. This is something she has wanted to get done for a long, long time, and since the company she has a production deal with is paying for it, she went for it. She's been wearing braces the last several months. I guess her jaw is going to be wired shut for the next 2 weeks or so. She said that the braces will be off and the entire thing will be done by x-mas. She is also hoping they slap some bigger boobies on her while they doing all those things to people to make them look like a "star"(?) Trent
  12. Well guys all stories do not have a happy ending as i found out last night that the label passed as decided not to sign her. I was told that she is majorly bummed, cuz this was by far her best shot of getting signed. I haven't talked to Amy yet as she is recovering from jaw surgury and isn't talking yet. Trent
  13. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Sorry to hear that. Hey at least she tried. Tell her not to give up. If she never gets signed, at least enjoy the music she'a doing and have fun.
  14. Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
  15. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Trent, that is really too bad about Amy. (Sounds like a song, doesn't it..."Too Bad About Amy"). Any hoo, I just saw on Channel Five news in Nashville,(CBS) that country music sales are down ten percent and have declined to 1990 levels. That may be why the record exec is skittish. They are worried about burdening themselves with country acts.

Now if Amy and your band switched over to rap...the most popular radio station in Nashville now is a RAP STATION!!! Who ever thought the day would come that the most successful radio sation in Nashville would play rap?

Or, does Amy know Spanish? The fastest growing group in the US is the Hispanic community. Now is the time for the next Selena to emerge. And I KNOW there are humongous numbers of Central Americans in Nashville. So change your style to rap or Tejano and you'll may get that contract yet.

I hope I don't sound facetious. I know what a letdown this was. I'm hoping for all of you that it was just a temporary setback. Keep on trying.

Jason Oldsted

[Edited by JasonOldsted on 09-04-2000 at 06:30 PM]