Pleasy help me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Im very unhappy.... I just got an Ibanez SR400 three weeks ago.. (first bass), and something is radically wrong. My bass is sounding CRACKLY.. and cutting in and out and sounding very twang-ie... sometimes it doesnt play at all.. ive tried different cables so thats not the problems, and i screwed wit knobs and such, but i dont know whats happening!Im gonna take it back to the store where i got it but i wanna know if its something easy that I can fix before i go through the trouble of going back to the store...
  2. have you tried using a different amp? maybe your amp may be the problem.. this happened to my friend's amp.. hehe it's just dead now.. to hell with squire!

3. Its not my amp.... i tried a borrowed Ibanez ATK300(?) and it sounds just fine... by the way my amp is crate BX15
  4. well, have you opened up the back of your bass.. perhaps one of the wires have come loose.. that happened to my ergodyne.. :eep: check it out!

5. Damian

Jul 4, 2000

I'm pretty sure your problem is a battery :)

I've had the same kind of a case when I bought my Ibanez SR485 (altough, it happened month after I bought it).

The EQ is active and is powered by 9V battery which you will find under the black panel with 5 screws on the back of the bass.

Hope this helps and hope that will do the trick.

6. thanks guys.. it was the battery.. i didnt even know i had a battery... hehehe.. my problem is fixed... thanx again
  7. Damian

Jul 4, 2000

Glad I could help!
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And FYI, the jack is the power switch for the active circuit, make sure that you unplug the cord from the bass when you're not playing it.

Enjoy your new bass :D.