Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Plese, i need help with Guitar pro 4 stuff!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by diobassist, Jan 8, 2005.

1. diobassist

diobassist

Jan 2, 2005
    Finland
    Hi everyone, Firstly to everyone who wonder what is Guitar pro, its a tab program. I know qouite many functions in it, but i dont know these (quite important and common) things. :crying:
    First: How do you play the Harmonics things? For example natural harmonic, pitch harmonic, artificial harmionic, tapped harmonic-if you can explain all, then that´s great. In the tab it looks like a square that is standing with on corner. There comes some kind of different-sometimes higher sound. It is found in the effects toolbar.

Other thing that i would need very much with bass is the Grace note. When you put it on a number in the tab, there comes an smaller number before it. So i would like t oknow how do you play these and how they are wise to do.
    Any help would be very precious.

Thanks alot buddies
    -Diobassist

2. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    1. I'm not pro at harmonics. I play only natural harmonics - you put your finger on the string without pushing it against the fretboard. It's important to block the string above the fret line, not on the fret itself.

2. About grace notes. A grace note is a very quick slide/ hammer-on/ pull-of. For instance, you start it with your finger on 3rd fret, and then you instantly slide to 5th fret. Experiment! :)

3. diobassist

diobassist

Jan 2, 2005
    Finland
    I actually thought that the grace note is something like that. Thanks alot bud! :)
    If someone knows more about harmonics go ahead and help.