1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Plexiglass Ampeg B-15!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassmanDk, Feb 29, 2008.

1. BassmanDk

BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    Employee - 4Sound, Odense
    Browsing the Ampeg site, i found this little baby, built for The Beastie Boys' bassplayer Adam Yauch .
    I'm in love!:hyper:(in the amp, not Adam!)
    Check it out at http://www.ampeg.com/roundsound/artists/
    PS dont flame me if it's been shown before - i did a seach prior to posting!!

Attached Files:

2. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    It has been shown...but at least i donĀ“t mind.

That thing is supremely COOL.

3. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    To each their own...those who woof in glass boxes should not play Stones, or somethinng like that.

4. benjo09

benjo09

Jan 9, 2008
    Hes got a whole stack with neon lights int hem so they light up ion pretty colours :)

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    I have to think it doesn't sound very good with no padding on the back wall to suck up the stray harmonics bouncing around. Plus the cab's not the double baffle cab, which to me is the only 15" cab that sounds good by itself.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  7. lovebrigade

lovebrigade

Aug 1, 2007
    That thing is so badass, I think they had it in Bassplayer magazine a couple months ago

8. BassmanDk

BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    That's just nuts!
    What's the reason for the Seach function when i seach for words like "Ampeg plexi b-15 clear".
    Ampeg: too many posts!
    Plexi and clear: The first post says see-through!
    B-15: He says B15 which is incorrect according to Ampeg.

Oh well, still a cool pic.
    Je ne regrette rien!:p

9. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    BassmanDk,
    Don't let the flamers get to you.
    Most of the posters on this site are nice, and respectful in the way they treat other people.

10. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I think the B-15 is the coolest looking bass amp ever made and it sounds real good too. All of those exposed tube glowing away gets me every time. I always enjoy looking at them and own a few myself.

11. I had a B-18 Portaflex long ago. It had that plexiglas face plate on it that lit up. I sent it in and had "Bertha" engraved on it by the manufacturer. In 1969 it was the cat's behind. Oh, to have that amp now!

12. I think the bigger cab he had (was it a 2x15? I cant remember anything that seeing him with a bigger cab) was cooler.

The only problem is, you know its going to sound like ass and its going to weigh ALOT!

13. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Just as long as it looks cool, what person making music would care? ; }

14. lambro

lambro

Jun 1, 2004
    actually the problem is what does an all plexi cab sound like?

15. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    The trick to T/B's search function is using the Google feature and entering very specific terms to help weed out the info your seeking. In this case I just typed in "Beastie Boys Ampeg B-15.
    ("-" isn't recognised in most searches)

ps; you've got absolutely nothing to regret here brother... :p

I agree there's lots of mean spirited and unrespectful posts here but think you might of read this particular one wrong.
    I think RONQUITO's post was actually worded very respectfully and I only linked the older thread because the OP stated he couldn't find it and also to add any info that might of been previously documented on this subject.

I've got no issues with people posting redundant threads/posts. Rehashing subjects many times uncovers much more new info. If we eliminated these, this thriving forum would be reduced to only a very small handful of unique threads/posts a day.
    Your certainly entitled to your opinion here and I realise you only intended to be helpful to BassmanDk, but my personal opinion is that your post kind of came off as the only truly inflammatory post here so far... :)

16. BassmanDk

BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    This thread hasn't gone overboard because the pic is a rerun. I posted another picture sometime ago on the funny looking reverse Jazz( you know big head as body and small body as the head) and people were pretty negative about it. Fair enough i didn't do a seach first then.

In this thread i've been offended by no one! I kinda had the feeling that it might be a repost so i backed my self up!
    Now back to the topic.
    Wonder why he is playing a Jazz and not a Ampeg see-through? I mean the gimmick of that stage setup is transparencie!!

17. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    funny. :p