Plexiglass body bass?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jiro, May 25, 2005.

1. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    read the reviews. They need fret refinishing, at best. Ive read terrible things about the necks on those. I stil want one though. mabye with a neck swap!?!?
  2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I bet those would look awesomely modern with one of those carbon fiber necks. :bassist:
  3. 4Saken

Nov 7, 2004
    I wondered about those too! What reviews are ya talkin about? How do you refinish the fretts? Definately something different to have...
  4. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    if it's anything like a Dan weighs a friggan' ton.

I saw one similar about 30 years was hollow...filled with water...had a couple of goldfish in it. That was kind of different.
  5. BWil

May 16, 2005
    SoCal USA
    A buddy of mine has a Pbass version. Same blue color. Decent neck, lousy tuners, but it sounds really good.
  6. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    That is the first acrylic instrument I've ever seen that I actually like the looks of. Most are absolutely horrible lokking.
  7. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
  8. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I believe the bass player for Rammstein had an acrylic glass Sandberg bass custom-made for himself, its body shape is actually pretty traditional-looking except that it's, well, made out of acrylic glass. I googled a bit, but couldn't find any pictures.

Hmmmmm, Sandberg basses.
  9. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005

I dont really like the body design, at all, but I think that a warlock would be awesome in acrylic.
  10. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Local shop has a whole wall (small wall) full of acylic basses/guitars. One being a warlock. They do look pretty cool, but they all sounded pretty bad, no punch, no "balls", no anything I would be looking for in a bass.
  11. basseuphoria

May 19, 2005
    wher's my fishin' pole when i need it! :eek:
  12. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    i saw a robert plant at austin city limits a year ago on pbs and his bass player had a see through bass similar to those but it looked like a jazz. i wonder if anyone knows about it, i would guess it was probably custom made.
  13. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You don't like the shape? :eek:.............. :D Eh, its not for everyone I guess ;)

I really like the Mockingbird shape but I don't like it in acrylic.
  14. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I've seen an orange acrylic beast. Man it was sexy. Orange being my favorite color and all.

15. Are you sure your not getting mixed up with Kirk Hammets wave caster (hollow with water, oil and blue food die in it)? That was awsomely cool, but goldfish? That would so ROCK :bassist: ! Weigh a tonne tho! :rollno:
  16. You know, it's odd, I've never been a fan of the acrylic guitars. but, I did like the one that Dave Grohl played in a Foo Fighters video, and on that I believe it was Mike Tempesta played in a Powerman 5000 video.

2 days ago, I say a kick ass acrylic Ibanez RG at George's music in downtown disney next to AMC theatres... real real real nice! :D