1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PLL (Phase Locked Loop) harmonizers/synth pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sunset Shalom, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    Anyone tried one of these? Only a few different kinds available it seems.

Broughton PLL:

maxresdefault.

FTelectronic Schuman PLL Clone:
    DSC_0039.

Elta PLL:
    274594-caaf5d1a74ee4a5cbdfb28d7ec5b56fd.

The EQD Data Corrupter is also a PLL harmonizer which I never realized. Here are some demos:

They are pretty expensive (200-300$~) so sadly I probably won't try one for awhile. But damn they are crazy! Sounds like a blend of a synth/fuzz/harmonizer/filter/phaser. And they seem to work great on guitar and bass, but I'd love to try running some other sounds through them. Seems amazing for experimenting.

2. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Dropbox - PLL.m4a

Here is a Broughton PLL, noodling recorded to an iPhone. Doesn’t come close to showing it’s range, but I think it’s a cool setting.

JimboP and Sunset Shalom like this.
  3. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    The Broughtom PLL sounds amazing, some of the features on the bigger Schumman PLL are really cool but the Broughton seems more useful and "easy" to dial in.

If I ever get one it will probably be the Broughton one. Though the EQD Data Corrupter has also seriously tempted be... drool

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I use a Copilot Orbit. A lot simpler than most PLLs, but super rad none the less. I found it has more low end the Data Corrupter fwiw.

Sunset Shalom likes this.
  5. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Ah, I miss my Orbit...need to that back on the board

6. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com