Plug In!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by sideman1, Nov 21, 2001.

1. sideman1

May 7, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    To all of you Mac 'n' PCer's:

Do you have any plug-in's you like to use for bass?

The two that I use most often are the Timeworks Compressor X and one called Puncher.
  2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I like the timeworks compressor, I also like the DSP optimiser. The CANAM auto-wah is a nice one, and the Waves EQs are really sweet.
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I use the Waves Audiotrack plug-in, compressor and 4-band parametric EQ combined, both of very good quality. The first time I heard how the Waves EQ's sounded, it was like magic... ditto with some of the presets on Waves TrueVerb (some of them actually sound like rooms, not like reverbs ;)). No more crappy Cakewalk plugs for me! :D

Someday I'm going to pay for them as well. :eek: :rolleyes:
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Waves Native Gold plugins - simply the best

Antares Mic Modeler - great microphone emulator

Sonic Foundry Acoustic Mirror - uses impulse images to emulate everything from old amps to mics to Lexicon Reverb to ...

Alien Connections Revalver - great modular guitar or bass amp emulator

TC Works plugins

Virsonix BBE Sonic Maximizer plugin - BBE as DirectX plugin

Dsound Stomp'n Fx Volume 1 & 2 - cool stompbox FX

Update: PSP Vintage Warmer 1.1 is my favorite Compressor right now - great tube-like sound.
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    All of the above and a bunch of parametric eq's. The real simple one that comes with cakewalk is even nice. Tc and Waves mostly, sometimes the stereo expander.