1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Plug In!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by sideman1, Nov 21, 2001.

1. sideman1

sideman1

May 7, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    To all of you Mac 'n' PCer's:

Do you have any plug-in's you like to use for bass?

The two that I use most often are the Timeworks Compressor X and one called Puncher.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I like the timeworks compressor, I also like the DSP optimiser. The CANAM auto-wah is a nice one, and the Waves EQs are really sweet.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I use the Waves Audiotrack plug-in, compressor and 4-band parametric EQ combined, both of very good quality. The first time I heard how the Waves EQ's sounded, it was like magic... ditto with some of the presets on Waves TrueVerb (some of them actually sound like rooms, not like reverbs ;)). No more crappy Cakewalk plugs for me! :D

Someday I'm going to pay for them as well. :eek: :rolleyes:

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Waves Native Gold plugins - simply the best

Antares Mic Modeler - great microphone emulator

Sonic Foundry Acoustic Mirror - uses impulse images to emulate everything from old amps to mics to Lexicon Reverb to ...

Alien Connections Revalver - great modular guitar or bass amp emulator

TC Works plugins

Virsonix BBE Sonic Maximizer plugin - BBE as DirectX plugin

Dsound Stomp'n Fx Volume 1 & 2 - cool stompbox FX

Update: PSP Vintage Warmer 1.1 is my favorite Compressor right now - great tube-like sound.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    All of the above and a bunch of parametric eq's. The real simple one that comes with cakewalk is even nice. Tc and Waves mostly, sometimes the stereo expander.