1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Plugging my Friend's Band (Black Metal)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dirty Road Cola, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Hey Guys,
    my drummer and guitarist's other band (the one that gigs :oops: ) just recorded some MP3's using a 4 track (in true black metal style) so here's the links:

http://xez.mine.nu:81/aruspex/index.php?page=disco

The New ones are "Bloodletting" and "Seven Daemons, Seven Plagues". I'm not a fan of black metal, but they're not too bad, considering it's American Black Metal.

Thanks,
    Neal

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I love bands where the track numbers are "chapters". I love the band, great music... but the singer is a bit much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not biased to that kind of singing at all, I mean, I like Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death is growing on me... etc etc.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I really like "The Throne of Hell"

Well your guitarist and drummer sounds pretty good.

4. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Agreed. I'm not in this band (I'm not a fan of black metal, but like I said, this is really the only black metal I've listened too that I can stand, i really hate the vocals in black metal.) Thanks for your kind words, and I hope to get some mp3's of me with them up as well!

I'll pass your kind words on.

Thanks,
    Neal

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    But don't tell the vocalist that I don't dig him, black metal guys... he might cast a spell on me :eek:

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, good thing they are black metal, and not silly ol death, or even plain metal.

I'm having fun in my death-nu-pop-polka-jazz-rock-black-finish-metal band.

Ah, i'm just messing with you. i myself am in a "black metal" band. Ah, labels suck. but what ya gonna do.

The band sounds awesome, i dig the drummer, sounds real soild.

7. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    well, labels do suck, but i didn't want to post this and have someone think it was iron maiden-esque metal!

It's not like we're debating their label, if we were, phew, that'd get ugly quick.