plx clipping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amos, Dec 22, 2003.

1. amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    if i'm seeing red leds flash on my qsc power amp but it still sounds okay no distortion or popping or anything, should i be worried. this is usually only when i'm running my EQ and my boss phaser pedal. the rest of the time i'm okay
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I wouldn't think that an occassional flash would be a problem. Do you have the limiters and/or filters on? If not, you might want to try them.
  3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    If it's a quick flash every now and then and you don't hear any distortion, there shouldn't be any problem, as long as you've matched your amp and speaker power ratings appropriately.
  4. Bob, that actually brings up a question which I have heard varrying answers on and was thinking maybe you could shed some light. What is the proper speaker rating to power amp ratio. I am running more power than my cab is rated at by far but have always been told that clean power is very hard to damage speakers with and so far so good (2.5 years) but am I wrong?