Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Plx on a eden d410XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B@ssT, Jun 11, 2003.

1. B@ssT

B@ssT

Jun 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Hello,
    I'm very new here and have little question,
    I play with a pre-amp line6 bass pod pro and a power-amp QSC PLX 3402 on my eden d410XLT (8ohms-700W). The plx is in normal stereo mode and delivers 700W?! When i turn the channel up my eden starts lightning up. My volume isn't that high, the salesman told me this would be a ideal combination, was he wrong? Or am I doing something wrong?
    It hoped to get more power out of this stack...

Greetz T:meh:

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'm no amp guru by any stretch of the imagination, so consider that in my comments.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Eden's light bulb thingie that illuminates when a lot of highs are sent to the tweeter.

Have you tried turning the knob on the back of cab down so that less stress is put on your tweeter, (e.g. turning the knob to something like a 7 o'clock position)??? That might help.

Additionally, I also run a PLX through a couple of Edens and I know those gawdawful little switches on the back of the PLX have to be set just so or else your Edens get pissed off.

3. B@ssT

B@ssT

Jun 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Thanks for the reply, I'll try what you suggested...

Thanks

B@ssT

4. B@ssT

B@ssT

Jun 11, 2003
    Belgium
    I'm sorry what do you mean with hooked up (I'm belgian and try to speak english, soory) do you mean what my material is?

I play with a musicman 5string on a Line 6 bass pod pro as pre-amp (also tried my trace eliot gp12smx) on my Qsc plx 3402 with my eden 410xlt, my switch at the back of my eden was probably allmost at the max, at "the moment of lightning" my basspod output was at max and my plx was one channel in stereomode at 3 o'clock...

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

No need to be sorry, Bass@T.

I took French for 7 years but I doubt I could express the right words for what we are talking about.

Think of a clock. If that knob on the back of your Eden is at somewhere like 12 o'clock or 2 o'clock, you are sending a lot of your high tones to your tweeter. Try turning that knob down to what would be something like 7 o'clock on your watch/clock and see if that doesn't help.

I found my Edens to sound much brighter than I like so I have that knob turned BELOW where it says "FLAT".

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Your English is very good.