Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLX Speakon Question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by James reeve5, Apr 8, 2003.

1. I am getting a new QSC PLX in the mail...when I do get it I was wondering if I have to have a 4 pronged speakon connector to run it mono bridged, or if i can get away with using the 2 pronged that I already have...

I am aware that the RMX requires a 4 pronged speakon cable to run bridged mono...but I am unfamiliar with the plx requirements.

2. I am almost absolutely certain you'll need a special cable. I'm having one made for my Crown CE1000, which has speakon-only output.

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The PLX Speakon outputs are the same as the ones on the RMX models.

For bridged mono, you'll have to use an NL4 plug, with the speaker cable wired to pins 1+ and 2+. Use the upper Speakon output. The other end of the cable will have to be wired in whatever way the speaker requires.

If you use a Speakon connector at each end of the cable, make sure you label which end is which.