Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Plyed the 87 fender P last night

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wyleeboxer, Oct 27, 2005.

1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Ok so I clened up the 87 P bass I just bought, did not strip what is now turning into for me a very cool white/yellowish finish! I did put a thumb rest on it, new reissue fender Pups and pots, new Deadario nickal strings. This bass looks great as for the sound. I pluged into my Gk 2000rb (everything set pretty much flat) and 2 2x10 delta pro's last night for practice in my org rock band, Foo fighters meets Cake sound. With the new strings it was a bit to clicky for me even after rolling off the highs a bit. But as the night went on the strings got a little deader, adj a little eq and contour, with rolled off highs about 1/4 turn. Damn!!! This bass started sounding as good as my 78 P. And its great when the rest of the band complements the sound. Playing a Halloween show friday so Ill see how it sounds in another venue. Im so into the P bass vibe lately, especially for rock, I dont know I guess they just seem made for it?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    P-Basses can do anything, no wonder you see them played by everyone from country bands to Megadeth.