1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Plyed the 87 fender P last night

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wyleeboxer, Oct 27, 2005.

1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Ok so I clened up the 87 P bass I just bought, did not strip what is now turning into for me a very cool white/yellowish finish! I did put a thumb rest on it, new reissue fender Pups and pots, new Deadario nickal strings. This bass looks great as for the sound. I pluged into my Gk 2000rb (everything set pretty much flat) and 2 2x10 delta pro's last night for practice in my org rock band, Foo fighters meets Cake sound. With the new strings it was a bit to clicky for me even after rolling off the highs a bit. But as the night went on the strings got a little deader, adj a little eq and contour, with rolled off highs about 1/4 turn. Damn!!! This bass started sounding as good as my 78 P. And its great when the rest of the band complements the sound. Playing a Halloween show friday so Ill see how it sounds in another venue. Im so into the P bass vibe lately, especially for rock, I dont know I guess they just seem made for it?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    P-Basses can do anything, no wonder you see them played by everyone from country bands to Megadeth.