Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLZ Give ME your OPINION

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Simosis, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Simosis

Simosis

Nov 23, 2002
    NZ
    i really want to get this bass, what do you think about it, is it worth it? is it a good bass, i will be changing from a yamaha 5string RB765A, i have been playing for 5 years. plz help, also would you recomend any other 6 strings???:confused: :)

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Personally i hate that bass. There's nothing really bad about it, it's just REALLY not for me. IIRC the string spacing on yamahas is somewhat narrow, might be a pain to switch the the spacing of the Ibanez AND the fact thats its a six string. There are quite a few better six strings out there though, it would help if i knew the price range you were in and the style you play.

3. Simosis

Simosis

Nov 23, 2002
    NZ
    i would be looking at trading in my current yamaha, and probably adding money to that to get the bass i want, probably in the price range of $1000-1200
    i play in a jazz combo, also i like to slap, i dont know how easy that will be on a 6string?, also i like to play with a pick playing metal/and experimental stuff, i ahve been playing for about 5 years, and im only 17 and hopefully going to jazz school next year. i hope that gives you more info.

4. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I think you might want to try and find a used Peavey Cirrus...actually...I'm SURE you want a used cirrus:D

the peavey cirrus 6 string is worlds better than the ibanez BTB...its that simple.:D :p

5. I own a BTB 405.. I'm very happy wioth it. I would only like to refinish the body, But is a great bass.
    The scale lenght and weight of the bass is no problem for me, but if the neck was a little bit thiner from back to top, I would be happier.
    The 1006 has asymmetrical neck so that must not be a problem, besides it has Bartolinis on it, so It's gotta sound better than mine.
    BTW I think it is a great slapper.

6. Simosis

Simosis

Nov 23, 2002
    NZ
    i have never heard of peavey making basses,???
    how old are these cirrus basses, ould you recomend any other basses, also frettlesses

7. Simosis

Simosis

Nov 23, 2002
    NZ
    im just on the peavey site now, there are a few models of the cirrus 6 what are the differences the best one??

8. Simosis

Simosis

Nov 23, 2002
    NZ
    o its just the different woods, im not sure what woods or finishes give what sounds

9. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    i'm not quite sure either, theres a thread in here on it somewhere though. do a search on cirrus 6 strings