Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

plz help me fix my bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by IndieBoy_503, May 25, 2002.

1. you know that part of the bass that you hook the strap on too. its on the tippy part and its a piece of metal screwed onto the end of the wood? well. I have a locking strap, ( if that has anything to do with it) and the wood has striped down so the screw will not stay anymore. I don't want to drill a bigger hole unless i absolutly have to. can i fill the hole with somthing and drill a same sized hole. my fender jazz is less than a year old and it sucks balls this has happened already. plz tell me what to do, I am soooooo sad.:( :( :( :( :(
    its on the skinny part closer to the neck.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Easy. But a bit 'o wood glue in there, find a dowl (dowel?) rod that fills the hole, and cram it in there. Saw it off, sand it down, and drill the new hole.

3. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Use toothpicks or a matchstick, fill the hole with good carpenters glue and fill it with matchsticks or toothpicks. When I've sued this method in the past, I replaced the screw while the glue was still soft. Never had a problem with it again.

Dave

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow. You know, we have a Forum for this sort of thing. It's called SETUP, IIRC.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ok Im not raggin on ya here, but its a good idea that you know what the parts of your bass are called. This way you can be more precise when you explain something.