Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CajunPNUT, Dec 8, 2005.

1. CajunPNUT

Dec 8, 2005
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    French walnut? Idk.
  3. teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Not being a Warwick fan (except the Dolphin!!) and having last listened to 311 back in '96, I have to say, I don't get it.
    What's the attraction?
    I had the same reaction when Ibanez launched their Fieldy K5 bass. :confused:

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    that's probably the ugliest wood I've ever seen showcased as an exotic top or what not, the french walnut.... :spit:

IMHO of course.
  5. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    I've seen some very sweet looking french walnut though. I dunno if that pic is the standard for warwick, but let's hope not...
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    cool bass,

soooo stu zender that it appeals to me. :cool:
  7. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass

i second that... although i for the K5 not only did i wonder what the attraction was... but also WHY does fieldy get a sig model...

i was going say why Pnut gets a sig model... but then i'd just go in a circle and be like... well if fieldy can get one so can pnut..

the wood reminds me of drift wood...
  8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

...and haven't we had like 3 posts on this?
  9. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I have no issue with the walnut, or the fact that P-Nut probably doesn't deserve a signature bass. If it sounds good, what is there to complain about?
  10. P-Nut sig. model = unnecessary.

Fieldy sig. model = assinine.

What's next, a Ryan Martinie sig. model???

11. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    That's quite possibly the worst example of an "exotic" wood I've ever seen, especially for use in promo shots - it looks like bleached plywood.

Easy - he's a bassist in a popular band that moves a large amount of units. There's a misconception that you have to be an amazing talent to have a signature model designed for you, or even that your bass will sell a lot. I very much doubt that Ibanez moves a great deal of K5s at their price point to younger fans of KoRn that don't have the cash for his - it's that he attracts them to the brand, and helps sell many more GSR200 starter packs and SR-500s as "move-up" instruments.

I've played several K5s, have found them to be excellent players if you like the SR-style thin neck, and made of very nice woods and certainly serviceable pups and electronics. If not for the ugly K5 inlay, I'd consider buying one.
  12. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    any price availible, not sure I want to see it... :bag:
  13. OK, obviously I have not been playing bass as long as most people here but:

who are these people?
  14. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Id defiently buy a Ryan Martinie sig than a P-nut or Fiedly sig. 311 and Korn suck.
  15. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    These people would be:

Ryan Martinie = Mudvayne

Fieldy = Korn

P-Nut = 311
  16. Ian Perge

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    So much for the "music is art and therefore subjective" argument... :rollno:
  17. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Man, when you guys get your own sig models, I hope the people are much nicer.
  18. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    I'm not a real big Warwick or 311 fan, but I think that bass looks sweet.

I Like It.
  19. Ian Perge

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    They damn well better be: my signature is going to come with a clone of TLev to play it for you. ;)
  20. That's an awfully nice bass.

P-Nut is certainly deserving, 311 is actually a really solid band.

F--- the haters.
    godley69 likes this.