Pocket Rock it Bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassampegman, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Anybody tried these Pocket plug in bass amps for home practice etc, are they any good for practice sessions etc or are they complete rubbish, very low cost made by C-TECH in USA.

2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    they're ok, but the one I had many years ago fell apart pretty quickly. I bought something called a Rolls playmate about 5 years ago that is built like a tank and has alot more features. It's like a mini 4 channel mixing board that fits in the palm of your hand. It has all different kinds of inputs 1/4 inch, xlr,RCA, so you can mix your bass along with a tape or cd player or another musician etc....two lines out for headphones. Runs off a 9 volt battery or an AC adapter.
  3. jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    I've had mine for about 2 months and am pleased. You definately will want better headphones. I guess it's like any amp. If you have crappy speakers, what's the point? I've had no problems with it. I primarily use it to go over stuff with the CD on the bus to do shows. B Easy

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Fell apart, huh? You must be hard on stuff! I've had mine for about 5-6 years now and they're still working fine. It can take an aux line in from a cd player/tape recorder so you can play along to recordings. I have 2 of them. One with the chorus effect and the other without.
  5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Which model is it? I guess Rolls offers a few things like this.
    It sounds really cool.
  6. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    no I wasn't particularly rough on it. I usually take good care of my stuff. It was cheap plastic and just seemed to disintigrate fairly rapidly. BTW mine had a cheezy distortion effect and a chorus effect.
    here is the Rolls Playmate.
    I stand corrected it doesn't have two headphone outs. one is an instrument out. Not sure if it will drive a headphone also or not. Never tried it.
  7. Here is my review of this little wonder.

It basically has a 1/4" jack bulit in and plugs straight into your bass, it can be angled also to suit different basses etc.

Runs off a 9v battery and comes with headphones and costs £35.00 approx !!

You can connect a line device such as cd player, pc, etc etc and listen and play along to your favourite songs.

Bass sounds very good, easy to hear the bass notes clearly and loads of tone.Has built in chorus and 3 settings clear, fat and drive. This has got to be the best low cost solution for bass amp practices at home or on the move.

Why waste you money on a low cost practice combo which just sits at home, get this little baby and then keep your money for your gigging amp setup.

Really impressed and happy its low cost. As good as the Korg Pandora things allbeit a simpler device, but for anytime and late night bass playing its great.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have had one for about three and a half years now. I love it. Saved me from buying a small combo to practice at night with. Sometimes I plug it into my computer speakers, and it actually sounds decent.

I was hesitant to buy it when I did, but now I am happy I went for it. It's worth every penny, and one of the purchases I am totally happy with. If I lost this one, I would go out and buy another right away.

9. Yep im glad i got it i was about to spend £100 on a small combo that would sound very average, too small to gig as i have a full gig rig already.

These are great little headphone amps im well pleased !!

And so low cost you feel you havnt wasted your money