Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pocket Watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fastplant, Oct 20, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    My wife gave me a pocket watch for our anniversary, but I have no idea how to wear the damn thing. I don't wear suit jackets (I know how to wear it with those), so how would I wear it with just regular clothes on?? I feel like such a dumbass, hehe.

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Most of your garden variety jeans have a little pocket-within-a-pocket on your right hand side. That there is a bonafide watch pocket. The chain might clip on to a belt or otherwise attach to your clothing, and you can keep the slack chain in the regular, outer pocket, unless you *booyah* wanna make yerself a fashion statement and wear that chain out and all danglified.

Pocket watches are cool.

:cool:

3. I wear one with jeans if they have the extra little pocket on the right. i assume it was intended for change, but i can never get anything out once it's in. a pocket watch has a chain. it's easy to pull out, it's protected, and it won't get in the way of anything else. i just hook the other end of the chain on a belt loop.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I keep things like picks and some coins in that little pocket.....but as secretdonkey points out it was indeed designed as a pocket to keep your watch in! :)

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I have no watch pocket on most of my pants :( But I hooked it onto itself around a belt loop and stuck it my pocket, althought the chain looks kinda funny just going into my pocket lie that, oh well. Yes, the watch itself is really cool, I just wish I was, hehe.