Pocket Watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fastplant, Oct 20, 2003.

1. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    My wife gave me a pocket watch for our anniversary, but I have no idea how to wear the damn thing. I don't wear suit jackets (I know how to wear it with those), so how would I wear it with just regular clothes on?? I feel like such a dumbass, hehe.
  2. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Most of your garden variety jeans have a little pocket-within-a-pocket on your right hand side. That there is a bonafide watch pocket. The chain might clip on to a belt or otherwise attach to your clothing, and you can keep the slack chain in the regular, outer pocket, unless you *booyah* wanna make yerself a fashion statement and wear that chain out and all danglified.

Pocket watches are cool.

3. I wear one with jeans if they have the extra little pocket on the right. i assume it was intended for change, but i can never get anything out once it's in. a pocket watch has a chain. it's easy to pull out, it's protected, and it won't get in the way of anything else. i just hook the other end of the chain on a belt loop.

4. I keep things like picks and some coins in that little pocket.....but as secretdonkey points out it was indeed designed as a pocket to keep your watch in! :)
  5. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I have no watch pocket on most of my pants :( But I hooked it onto itself around a belt loop and stuck it my pocket, althought the chain looks kinda funny just going into my pocket lie that, oh well. Yes, the watch itself is really cool, I just wish I was, hehe.