Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pod line 6 pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sharp_19, Aug 26, 2003.

1. sharp_19

sharp_19

May 22, 2003
    Hi, i play a warwick bass through an SWR bass stack at the moment. One of my mates has recomended the bass pod pro, i know its pretty good for recording direct into computers and studio setups but how would it fit in with my amp would i be able to go into the pod then route into the amp head and then into the cabinets? if so would i benefit in anyway when playing live, or what would it do to my over all setup??

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Wrong forum - moved.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Ooops - slipped. I meant to sling this to "Effects", since we don't have a "Crappy Overpriced Effects" forum. ;)

4. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    You could do it a couple of ways. You could go into the POD and then into the amp's input or you could go through the effects loop of your head. It's really up to you to decide if you gain anything as far as tone. You'd want to turn off the cab emulation when running through a real amp so it's really just a matter of deciding if you like the POD's amp models combined with your amp's natural sound. When I do jazz gigs I use a behringer v-amp (similar to POD in setup and somewhat in sound) plugged into the input of a 1x10 combo. It really does improve the sound and gives me more flexibility as far as tone. If your amp already sounds good it probably wouldn't really help though.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, I am quite sure the POD works in a 110 combo just fine.

If that is all you ever play through, and as loud as you need to be, then the POD may be a good fit for ya.